Avalanche Oak wide-plank hardwood flooring has warm tones, notable character and a rough-and-ready look. These boards come from massive trees that stood for hundreds of years. Now, they can last for a hundred more as an attractive upgrade for your home.
Old-growth oak trees responsibly harvested from forests across the nation.
- Appearance: These boards have a solid profile and circular saw marks that add depth, texture and visual appeal.
- Tones: White oak wood tones typically range from light beige to medium browns.
- Size: Board lengths range from 2 feet to 12 feet long. Face widths vary from 3 inches to 11 inches wide.
- Thickness: This rugged series is precision milled from old-growth lumber to a 3/4-inch thickness — the ideal and most common thickness for solid oak hardwood flooring
- Finish: Avalanche Oak planks are available pre-finished or unfinished.
- Pricing: Prices for our white oak hardwood flooring vary from $7.60 to $13.30 per square foot, depending on the board.
Avalanche Oak Wide-Plank Hardwood Flooring
Characterized by the rugged, unyielding spirit of the West, our Avalanche Oak is machined through an antique, 60-in. saw blade to replicate a circular sawn look of early milling. Its authentic, rustic appearance is akin to reclaimed hit-skip oak.
With its vigorous mixture of dark and golden browns and honeyed tans, Avalanche Oak is known for its quality, strength, and beauty, sure to help you create the perfect western ambiance. We love remembering the excitement of the Old West, a time when rollicking music burbled out of saloons and stagecoaches sped over unpaved roads. Your nostalgia will be satisfied by the rough-sawn oak flooring options we have available for sale.
This solid oak hardwood flooring speaks to a bygone era, back when wood was the preferred building material for just about everything. These days, having a real wood floor, and not just vinyl that’s made to look like wood, is rarer. Why not pay homage to your Wild West roots by using quality oak flooring with saw marks, giving you a unique floor no one else in your neighborhood will have?
What Is Old-Growth Wood?
Old-growth wood is wood sourced from old trees. We mean really old, dating centuries back to before the era of the westward expansion, when dense forests covered the nation. Back then, no one was around to cut trees down. Forests grew dense and trees could take their time growing to the maximum height and width.
These ancient trees reached sizes virtually unimaginable today. You have to see them in person to really appreciate them, and that gets harder every day. Much of the remaining old growth stands in places difficult to reach, and most modern trees are cut long before getting anywhere close to that big.
With big and wide flooring planks made from old-growth wood, you get the advantage of:
- A distinctive look: The grain on an old-growth tree is much tighter than today's lumber. It gives our wide-plank oak wood flooring a unique appearance.
- Greater durability: With greater density comes added strength. Solid oak flooring made from old growth stands up to damage and is repairable if needed.
- A piece of history: Old-growth oak trees date back generations. Using this lumber as flooring allows you to own and preserve their majesty for much longer.
The Advantages of Using Oak Flooring Boards
As a species, white oak is one of the hardest. It's also incredibly dense and durable. These characteristics make white oak wood flooring highly resistant to wear and the ideal choice for installation in high-traffic areas. The added density offers excellent resistance to water penetration, making oak a safe option for installation in kitchens, near doorways and just about anywhere in your home.
Oak can last for decades, and with the right finish applied, flooring made from it will require little maintenance beyond regular cleaning. If your white oak hardwood flooring does get dinged, scratched or marred, it's possible to make a repair, saving you the time and cost of installing a replacement board.
Why Choose Wide-Plank Oak Wood Flooring With Circular Saw Marks?
Nostalgia isn’t the only reason to pick our flooring. We also offer a number of other benefits, such as:
- A great number of options for your floors depending on your needs, such as widely varying lengths and widths of the wood
- High-quality production and materials, meaning you can get your new floor installed and not have to address it again for a long time
- Fewer worries about stains, scratches or scarring on the floors, because they’re meant to look stressed
- The opportunity to work with our reliable and knowledgeable staff, all of whom have been with us for at least six years – they know what they’re talking about!
Get a Quote on Circular Sawn Wide-Plank Oak Flooring
Want to know more about our unfinished wood options? Our employees will work with you to answer all of your questions and come up with a price that takes into account your home’s unique layout and any other special circumstances.
Ready to get started? Get in touch with us today using our contact form for personal assistance.