Gunstock Walnut wide-plank walnut floors have attractive tones that make any room feel richer, warmer and more elegant. These planks are big, broad and made from old-growth lumber. They're milled using traditional processes for a classic and rugged look straight from the Old West.
Majestic old-growth American walnut trees.
- Appearance: Circular saw marks are the defining feature for these boards. They also feature small sound knots, a solid profile and minor checking.
- Tones: Walnut has heartwood that's a dark, rich brown and light-colored beige sapwood.
- Size: Gunstock Walnut hardwood flooring comes in board lengths ranging from 2 to 12 feet long and widths that range from 3 to 8 inches wide.
- Thickness: All planks are milled to an ideal 3/4 thickness for the right amount of strength and stability.
- Finish: This flooring comes unfinished. Additional sanding and finishing are required during installation.
- Pricing: Contact us for the price of the gunstock wide-plank walnut flooring .
Walnut Hardwood Flooring That Looks and Feels Like a Piece of History
Henry’s, Remington, Colt and Sharps were just some of the many rifle manufacturers of the 1800s. Walnut was the primary wood species used on stocks for these incredible rifles. They were known throughout the Old West for their elegance and artistry. These guns were handmade and crafted with incredible intricacy. To see one is to appreciate how things were constructed before the Industrial Age took hold.
The rifles are a reminder of bygone days, when gunslingers squared off in the streets and then everyone threw one back at the saloon. It’s a time that should be honored. Thus, we pay homage to these pioneering gun makers and their superlative products with our unfinished old-growth walnut hardwood flooring for sale.
Wide-Plank Walnut Floors With Circular Saw Marks
Our Gunstock Walnut unfinished flooring is machined through an antique, 60-in. saw blade to replicate a circular sawn look of early milling. An extremely rich blend of coffee-colored browns with faint touches of caramel, Gunstock Walnut will help you create a room of unparalleled elegance and sophistication. In addition to its incomparable chocolate hues, walnut hardwood flooring displays a swirling grain pattern, occasional sound knots.
Old-Growth Walnut Flooring for Sale: Unfinished and Beautiful
Part of the great appeal of our solid walnut flooring is that it looks as though it’s been aged for decades. You will admire the stressed look we’ve achieved with this special wood. It appears as though it were used in those saloons, perhaps to make the bar where the gunslingers gathered.
Our walnut hardwood flooring is a great investment for your home’s future. It’s durable and dependable, and you won’t have to worry about your flooring becoming worn-out from daily use. We also offer our customers immediate delivery, because we understand how difficult it can be to wait for your new purchase. You want it installed as quickly as possible, and we’ll help you make that happen.
Why Choose Walnut Hardwood Flooring?
If you're looking to upgrade your home with new hardwood flooring, walnut makes an ideal choice. There are multiple reasons this species was a top choice for handcrafted rifle stocks in the time of the Old West and is one of the most popular options for natural hardwood flooring today.
Walnut Is Attractive
Boards milled from American walnut trees have a distinctive look that you'll only get with the real thing. In this species, the heartwood features darker chocolate and coffee tones, while the sapwood is typically a much brighter, creamy beige — the contrast makes for a beautiful sight to take in. Over time, from use and exposure to the elements, walnut will develop an attractive and lustrous patina that gets better every year.
Walnut Is Durable
Beyond inviting warmth and aesthetic appeal, solid walnut flooring is a natural hardwood. This feature makes walnut an excellent choice for your home, including high-traffic areas, and means there's less likelihood of leaving scratches or marks. It's also stable and unlikely to shift after installation, as long as it's properly acclimated before going in. Wide-plank walnut floors will last for years with minimal ongoing care.
The Added Benefits of Using Old-Growth Wood
These advantages both make walnut an investment that adds value to your home. As an added benefit, Gunstock Walnut planks are made from old-growth wood. Trees that produce old lumber offer even more natural properties that make this flooring unique:
- Added density: While walnut is already hard, old-growth walnut is harder. This lumber has tight growth rings that make these boards harder to mar.
- More appeal: With tighter wood grain and more years to develop character, old-growth walnut hardwood flooring has a lot more to take in.
- Old-growth trees grow fewer in number every year. With wide-plank walnut floors made from this rare lumber, you'll be preserving a piece of history in your home.
Request a Custom Quote
Are you ready to commit to a new floor? Reach out to Superior Hardwoods of Montana and Let Us Guide You Through The Woods®. We'll help you learn more about our quality walnut flooring for sale, introduce you to the other options we have available and ensure you find a new floor you'll enjoy for years to come.
Contact us today to get a quote and see what else we can do to help you find the flooring of your dreams!