Ruby Gulch Faded Red reclaimed barn siding will make your home stand out on the landscape. This unique wood product comes from red gambrel, gable, monitor and other styles of barns built over a century ago. We've repurposed these classic symbols of Americana into attractive home siding you will love, and your neighbors will envy.
Red barns that date from the late 1800s to the early 1900s.
- Thickness: Thickness varies by the board, adding character and appeal. Measurements range from 3/4-inch to 1-inch thickness.
- Size: Ruby Gulch siding boards come in sizes from 3 to 16 feet long- sold in a random length. The boards are 4, 6, 8 and 10 inches wide.
- Notable Attributes: This siding comes from classic red barns, but the tones will vary. Boards range from very faded to vibrant red.
- Finish: Decades of exposure to the elements have provided natural preservation. This paneling features original paint with no added finish.
- Pricing: We source red reclaimed barn siding from multiple locations, and board size and quality vary. Pricing ranges from $7 to $9 per foot.
Reclaimed Wood Siding From Old Barns
Wood needs to be sealed, and before the invention of paint, settlers had to make do with what they could create. Most used a mix that included natural linseed oil as the base, with milk and lime added to help harden the mixture after application. They also used rust because it killed mold, mildew, fungus and other growth — and prevented it from coming back. The rust turned the already-orange liquid a deep shade of red, and the rest is history.
By the close of the 19th century, paint was in widespread use. The barns going up on farms and in towns across the West were painted bright red in homage to the past, and they stood visible from miles away. Horses, other livestock, generations of families and hired hands all depended on these buildings. Now, over 100 years later, these structures are coming down, but we're keeping their history alive by repurposing them as reclaimed wood siding.
Decorate Your Home With Reclaimed Wood From Old Barns
Reclaimed barn wood has a character that's impossible to replicate with new materials. While some come close, nothing matches the look and feel of authentic siding from old barns that stood the test of time. This red barn siding for sale is virtually untouched from the day our expert teams carefully deconstructed the barns. The boards are free from nails, bolts, staples, splinters, mold and bugs, but otherwise, they look and feel the same as they did out under the open sky.
Contact Us to Get Started
Our Ruby Gulch Faded Red barn siding for sale provides a stunning upgrade for any home exterior, and we make it easy to get the materials you need to match your vision. Message us today for a custom quote. You can also stop by our showroom to take a look at our products in person.
Need some inspiration? Consider a design that pairs this product with our Virginia City Barnsiding — a gray-toned home siding made from reclaimed corral board.